Mosaic: A Story of Civilization The Colossus Edition Deluxe Kickstarter Exclusive Edition
Includes Premium Edition Boardgame, All Daily Unlocks, and Add-On Sets #1–4: (Metal Coins, Wood Tokens, Plastic Wonders Minis, Plastic Cities/Towns/Ports Minis, and Plastic Military Units Minis)
Mosaic: A Story of Civilization is a Civilization-Building game from Glenn Drover, designer of Age of Empires III, Railways of the World, Sid Meier’s Civilization: The Board Game, and Raccoon Tycoon.
Mosaic is an action selection game. On your turn, you will perform one of seven actions:
- Learn a New Technology (select a card from the Technology Offer)
- Found a New City or Town, or Build a Project (select a card from the Build Offer and pay the cost in stone, ideas, and population)
- Build a Wonder (select one of the available Wonder Tiles and pay Stone and Food)
- Recruit or Move Military Units (pay money and add Military Units or move those that you already have)
- Increase your civilization’s Population (select a card from the Population Growth offer and pay food)
- Produce Key Currencies used to purchase everything in the game (Produce one of: Food, Stone, or Ideas by adding your Population to your bonus in that currency type)
- Trade or Tax to raise Money, which is the Universal Currency (select a card from the Trade/ Tax offer)
All Technologies and Projects give your Civilization unique abilities, as well as symbols that represent the increase in one of the 9 Components of Civilization:
- Science – All learning
- Food Production
- Population/ Health
- Military/ Empire
Acquiring these Components is important in creating the unique mosaic of your civilization. They are used as prerequisites for many new technologies, as well as for scoring. Also, by pursuing specialization in one or more Civilization Components, you may be able to claim a ‘Golden Age’ of that type.
As the game goes on and your Civilization grows, scoring cards are eventually revealed from the four decks. Each time a scoring card is revealed, your Civilization will score for each region that you dominate with your cities and military units.
After the third scoring card is revealed, there is one final turn and the game ends. You will then score for your cities and towns, your wonders, projects, and golden ages, and for all of your cards that score for your unique Civilization Components.
Players: 1-6 Players
Time: 90 - 120 Minutes
Age: 12 and Up